Health and Social Care Integration Event in North Yorkshire
Friday, 05th June 2015
Published 05 June 2015.
As part of the teams ongoing efforts at supporting collaboration across health & social care in Harrogate, Ripon, Wetherby and North Leeds, Carefound Home Care attended the Seasonal Winter Health Event at the Pavilions of Harrogate organised by North Yorkshire County Council.
The event was very well attended by stakeholders including health and social care teams, GPs, Charities, energy suppliers and care providers. The aim of the conference was to work together in finding ways to improve people’s health and wellbeing during winter months with topics covered including:
- Reducing excess winter deaths
- Protecting vulnerable groups, the elderly, children, pregnant women and people with long term health problems to name a few
- Reducing fuel poverty
- Increasing influenza immunization uptake rates
- Reducing injuries, slips, trips and falls
- Reducing emergency hospital admissions
- Reducing pressure on health and social care services
After the event delegates were split into groups where they had the opportunity to discuss how organisations can work in partnership to reduce pressure on health and social care services while still ensuring the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable people in our community during the winter months.
To learn more about how Carefound Home Care is supporting integration across health and social care in Yorkshire please call 01423 774070 or visit www.carefound.co.uk.