Carefound Home Care is the only provider of live in care in Ilkley rated OUTSTANDING by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We offer a fully personalised live in care in Ilkley service to elderly people in the local area enabling our clients to continue to live at home where we are generally happiest, rather than having to move into institutional residential care.
We provide live-in care at home to families across the Ilkley area including including Ilkley, Bingley, Burley-in-Wharfedale, Guiseley, Kighley, Menston, Otley, Settle, Skipton, Addingham, Pool-in-Wharfedale. Care is locally managed by our care management team based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Our Ilkley team is lead by our Registered Branch Manager, Lorna, who has over 20 years’ experience in the elderly home care sector and leads a committed and highly skilled team of professionals who are all dedicated to helping our clients live with well-being at home.
Our Local Office
Oakwood Park, Bishop Thornton
Harrogate, Yorkshire, HG3 3JN
“I have been very impressed with both the professionalism and the compassion shown to my parents. It’s very much appreciated.”
Mr W, Ilkley
Home Care in Ilkley
We offer a fully managed live-in care service supported from our local office in Harrogate. Unlike an introductory care agency, we employ all of our live-in carers and take responsibility for recruiting, training, supervising and supporting them. All of our carers complete a comprehensive recruitment process including telephone interviews, face-to-face interviews, reference checks and an Enhanced Criminal Record Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service – on average only 3% of people who apply are successful.
All of our care packages are tailored to each of our clients according to a detailed assessment of your care needs – in your own home and / or your current care environment such as a hospital or care home – and a Care Plan which is agreed with you before care begins. You will typically be supported by two live-in carers who rotate on a week on / off basis, providing excellent continuity of care. Your carers are carefully matched to you and are always introduced before care commences. We also carry out regular support and quality assurance checks including weekly support visits and checks with your GP by our Care Management Team.
Our live-in care service supports older people with a range of needs from basic companionship through to specialist care for conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s, stoke care, medication help and mobility care.
Areas around Ilkley our live-in care service is available:
Live-In Care in Ilkley vs. Ilkley Care Homes
We do not view our role as to replace residential care homes. However, most elderly people prefer to recieve one-to-one care in their own home rather than having to move into institutional accommodation and we believe it is important families have this choice. Some of the key benefits of choosing live-in care at home in Ilkley include:
- Bespoke, tailored care – Support from a specialist, professional home care service offers the opportunity to receive one-to-one care designed around your individual needs.
- Comfortable, familiar environment – Most people prefer to be in their own homes rather than being forced into institutional care environments. This is not only because of the comfort and familiarity this offers, but also because family and friends may be more accessible thereby increasing social activity.
- Multi-disciplinary working – Returning to your own home does not mean that the you lose the input of healthcare professionals. A home care provider can ensure that this continues by working in partnership with healthcare professionals such as a Hospital Discharge Team, occupational therapists, social services, doctors and District Nurses.
- Care for specialist conditions – People living with specialist conditions such as dementia often experience confusion and disorientation in the unfamiliar environment of a hospital or care home. Many residential care environments are also unable to provide the direct, one-to-one support required to achieve well-being because of staffing levels. People living with specialist conditions can experience better outcomes in their own home environment with specialist care on-hand.
- Fully managed, 24/7 service – A specialist home care service should be supported 24/7 by an expert management team which not only carries out administrative and quality assurance activities but also offers proper support to its care team and the families it supports. This includes monitoring health outcomes and ensuring the specific needs of each client are being met.