Professional, specialist palliative care
We are often able to react quickly to a need to provide specialist palliative care to a family and can do so in conjunction with a Continuing Healthcare (CHC) or hospice team. We believe that offering people the option of being at home with specialist care based on both physical and psychological needs helps them to maintain comfort and dignity at the later stages of life.
All of our professional home carers are trained in administering medications and we are able to work alongside other health professionals to support more complex medical interventions. We also maintain strong knowledge and links with local teams to ensure appropriate adaptations and equipment are made available in the home.
Other key aspects of our specialist palliative home care service include:
- A full assessment of care needs through which we seek to understand all aspects of the support to be provided such as daily routines, likes / dislikes, medication, mobility, personal care and mental health
- A fully personalised plan of care bespoke to you and your family
- A professional, trained home carer to provide the support needed on either an hourly or live in care basis
- Regular reviews and communication ensuring that needs are met as a condition changes and develops
- Liaison and collaboration with other health and social care professionals
- Ongoing support from a local management team