Home Care Worker Named Best in Yorkshire Region
Tuesday, 15th December 2015
Published: 15 December 2015.
A provider of highly personalised elderly home care services is celebrating after a member of staff has been named Home Care Worker of the Year at the Yorkshire regional finals of the Great British Care Awards.
The winners of the Yorkshire and Humberside Care Awards 2015 were announced at a glittering awards ceremony at Royal Armouries, Leeds and Tina Langshaw from Carefound Home Care was crowned the winner of her category.
Tina, who has worked with Carefound Home Care since 2014, was named ‘Home Care Worker of the Year’ in recognition of the consistently high standard of care and support she delivers to her clients, enabling them to live independently at home rather than having to move into residential care.
Other Carefound Home Care staff who were shortlisted as finalists at the Yorkshire and Humberside Care Awards 2015 included Vicky Tate, for the Dementia Carer Award, and Claire Spence, for the Home Care Coordinator Award.
Tina will now go through to the national round of the Great British Care Awards at the Birmingham ICC in Spring 2016.
Lorna Dawber, Home Care Manager at Carefound Home Care, nominated Tina and said:
“Tina’s dedication and unique ability to work in partnership with her clients makes her a great ambassador for our team. She is professional, yet approachable, and always brings fun and joy to her role to deliver improved outcomes for her clients and their families.”
Tina Langshaw, who is from Harrogate, said:
“It was such a surprise when I was informed that I had been shortlisted for these awards. For the work I do to be acknowledged and celebrated at the ceremony was such an amazing experience. As a home carer I work hard doing a job I love and it is fantastic that the Great British Care Awards put a spotlight on so many wonderful people.”
Oliver Stirk, Director at Carefound Home Care, said:
“We are delighted for Tina who thoroughly deserves this recognition for the support she provides to her elderly clients in Harrogate. It is no surprise that she has been rated so highly in the Yorkshire region and we hope she continues her success at the National Finals next year.”
“2015 has been an exceptional year for Carefound Home Care having become the only home care company to be rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in Yorkshire, putting us in the top 1% in the UK.”
“We are regularly recognised for how our hourly home care and live-in care services are specially tailored to the health and social needs of the families we support, including those living with complex conditions such as dementia.”
“The key drivers behind our success are the quality of the people in our team and the level of support we provide to them. Tina is a great example of this.”
For further press information please contact:
Carefound Home Care at email@example.com or Tel: 01423 774070.
Notes to Editors
Carefound Home Care (www.carefound.co.uk):
- Is Yorkshire’s local, award-winning provider of home care services that enable elderly people to live happily at home whilst maintaining the highest quality of life achievable
- Is the only home care provider rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in Yorkshire, putting it in the top 1% in the UK
- Provides a range of highly personalised home care services including hourly care, 24-hour live-in care and respite care. This can encompass anything from basic domestic support, companionship, personal care, medication help through to the management and support of more complex conditions such as dementia
- Works with the Contented Dementia Trust (www.contenteddementiatrust.org) to implement its unique dementia care technique – the SPECAL method
- Work with Parkinson’s UK (www.parkinsons.org.uk) to deliver specialist training to its home care team
- Is a member of the Yorkshire Dementia Action Alliance – part of the Government´s declaration to improve the lives of people with dementia and their carers in the UK
- Supports the Alzheimer´s Society Dementia Friends Campaign and has a trained Dementia Friends Champion
- Won the Home Care Worker Award at the Yorkshire and Humberside Care Awards 2015
- Won the Care Newcomer Award at the Great British Care Awards 2014 in association with the Department of Health
- Was a finalist in the UK Domiciliary Care Provider of the Year Award at the National Health Investor Awards 2014
- Won the Care Newcomer Award at the Yorkshire and Humberside Care Awards 2013
- Was a finalist in the Dementia Carer Award at the Yorkshire and Humberside Care Awards 2013