Expertise Based on Parkinsons UK Training
At Carefound Home Care we are experienced in providing specialist Parkinson’s care at home. We firmly believe that offering people who live with Parkinson’s the opportunity to remain in the familiarity of their own home with tailored support from a trusted home carer enables them to retain independence and a high quality of life.
All of our professional home carers receive specialist training from Parkinson’s UK, including understanding and supporting symptoms such as speech problems, slowness of movement, tremors and reduced mobility. They also receive separate training in medication management ensuring that they are competent in supporting clients’ personalised medication regimes.
Key aspects of our specialist Parkinson’s home care service include:
- A full assessment of care needs through which we seek to understand all aspects of the support to be provided such as daily routines, likes / dislikes, medication, mobility, personal care and mental health
- A fully personalised plan of care bespoke to you and your family
- A professional home carer, trained by the leading Parkinson’s charity Parkinson’s UK, to provide the support needed on either an hourly or live in care basis
- Regular reviews and communication ensuring that needs are met as the condition changes and develops
- Liaison and collaboration with other health and social care professionals such as a Parkinson’s nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, continence nurse or dietitian
- Ongoing support from a local management team
If you would like to speak with us or learn more about our specialist Parkinson’s care service please contact our friendly team today on 01423 774070 (Yorkshire) or 01625 326470 (Cheshire) or fill in the form here and we’ll call you back.