Mince Pies & Memories to Support Dementia Charity at Christmas
Friday, 07th December 2018
This year the Yorkshire team of Carefound Home Care are not only making their annual delivery of mince pies, Christmas cards and festive spirit to over 100 older people and carers across the local area, but they are also supporting local dementia charity, Dementia Forward, by taking part in their Mince Pies & Memories event.
The Mince Pies & Memories campaign involves gathering our team of carers together to be served some delicious mince pies and asked to write down their memories, Christmassy or otherwise, putting £1 in a pot for Dementia Forward. This is set to be an enjoyable afternoon, in good company, supporting local families affected by dementia at Christmas.
If you are thinking of supporting a local charity this Christmas why not get involved with Mince Pies & Memories yourself by simply:
- Gathering together a group of friends, family, neighbours or colleagues
- Serving some delicious mince pies
- Sharing some memories, Christmas or otherwise, putting £1 in a pot for Dementia Forward
- Writing down your favourite memories and sending them to Netty at Dementia Forward on Facebook, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (Dementia Forward, Community House, Allhallowgate, Ripon, HG4 1LE)
- Sitting back with a full tummy and a happy heart knowing you have spent a wonderful afternoon in good company and supported local families affected by dementia