North Yorkshire Dementia Conference – Harrogate, 21 March 2017
Monday, 13th February 2017
A dementia conference offering the opportunity for everybody interested in dementia to forge connections and share experiences, passion and knowledge is taking place at Harrogate International Conference Centre on 21 March 2017, from 9am to 5pm.
The “Show Me You Care” event is being organised by local charity, Dementia Forward, who provide support and information to families living with dementia in the Ripon and Harrogate District, York and The Vale.
Key speakers will include:
- CEO & Founder of Care Matters, Dr David Sheard
- Chief Admiral Nurse and CEO of Dementia UK, Hilda Hayo
- Actor John Middleton: Emmerdale’s ‘Ashley Thomas’
- CEO Dementia Forward, Jill Quinn
- Head of Commissioning – Services for Older People, NYCC, Mike Rudd
The day will also present an opportunity to:
- Hear inspiring stories from people affected by dementia
- See ‘I Am Still Me’ A photography exhibition looking at the world of people with dementia through the lens by Helen Williams (Winner – Best Licentiateship Panel 2010 BIPP National Photographic Awards)
- Attend workshops run by experts in dementia, including Dementia Forward’s Senior Admiral Nurse, Nicky Addison, and Hilda Hayo who will be focusing on young onset dementia
Details and times for the day are:
- Date: Tuesday, 21st March 2017
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- Location: Harrogate International Centre, King’s Rd, Harrogate HG1 5LA
- Tickets: £64 including all activities and speakers, refreshments and lunch
Carefound Home Care’s Harrogate team will be attending and holding an information stand and so we look to seeing you there!